About the Company
They are one of the Top 5 fastest-growing EdTech start-ups in Australia with a mission to improve the overall university study experience, helping students reach their full potential by offering both innovative and affordable solutions. The company's services are currently being used by over 300,000 paying students who rent and buy both physical and electronic textbooks.
Having built up an impressive following and revenue stream on the back of the textbook rental business, the company has ventured into providing digital services to supplement their service offering providing textbook solution manuals, tests, live tutoring, and much more. These digital offerings are very much the future focus for the growth of the business across APAC.
The Company Culture & Values
About the Opportunity:
You will get to join a company in the very early stages of its life that has come out of the garage and has achieved financial security. Being a start-up means the company has a get-stuff-done environment with zero politics that is focused on creating user value.
This also means you'll play a big role in helping the company define its culture and practices. You will not be a cog in a big wheel and your efforts will have a visible impact in the world. You will not be siloed on solving small problems but rather work on stuff that matters!
You will be the company's first marketing manager hire! Which means you'll get to define the marketing processes and strategies to help the company achieve its mission.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly engaged and passionate marketing professional who loves the start-up phase of a company and the freedom to drive creativity!
The business currently does marketing through external parties and while this support will not disappear, it is expected that as the Marketing Manager you will gradually take more ownership and eventually bring certain functions in house. The broader purpose of the role is to drive revenue growth in ANZ through providing exceptional marketing return on investment.
The role will be hands-on and will mean that you get to oversee all aspects of the marketing that is produced by the organisation.
As a direct report to the CEO, you will be expected to contribute to the broader leadership team around achieving their strategic objectives. Other responsibilities will include digital marketing, brand management, PR, and Communications as well as social media management.
- Developing the marketing strategy and annual marketing plan in line with the company's development strategy
- Coordinating the relationship with existing marketing agencies (creative, SEO/SEM, social media) and internal stakeholders (CEO, COO, Customer Services Manager, Demand Planner, IT…)
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, recommending and implementing optimizations to improve program effectiveness
- Implementing a CRM tool to increase customer knowledge, loyalty and regular engagement through EDM and text message campaigns
- Developing partnership and affiliate programs within the Education ecosystem
- Collecting and analysing data around new trends and insights and provide recommendations to drive sales, increase brand awareness and contribute to overall business growth
- Organizing or supporting events and co-branded activities with partners or student associations
- Staying informed of changes and advising the team on developments in digital commerce, social media and marketing best practices.
Applicant profile - About you:
- You will be an experienced marketing professional who can think strategically but act operationally
- High communicative and pro-active
- A highly organised individual, able to take initiative - undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed
- Results-oriented, self-driven, a forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- A team player - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to other views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure and within campaign timeframes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing – either agency or client-side.
- Experience with design and execution of promotional events, advertising campaigns, public relations and brand awareness strategies
- Plan and manage student events and festivals by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements and developing schedules with the events team (Australia and International).
- Successful track record with e-commerce, web production, creative and/or digital marketing
- Experience in producing and optimising segmented and personalised email campaigns.
- Understanding and experience managing social media strategies and tactics
- Solid analytical skills and experience in using data to build out successful digital campaigns
- Experience in working with external agencies to execute integrated marketing campaigns
- Organised with excellent time and project management skills
- Experience in Google Analytics, CRM, Survey software and eCommerce platforms (Shopify will be advantageous)
- Proven track record driving sales in online businesses
- Expert understanding of the digital marketing landscape and trends
- Website CMS, SEO experience and basic HTML understanding preferred
An amazing opportunity for career progression within the start-up culture is on offer for the right person, with the right attitude. Additionally, the company also provides a competitive remuneration package, free parking space as well as a great team environment and team drinks every Friday and BBQs!
This is an excellent opportunity not to be missed!
If you are a self-starter with a proven track record in e-commerce and start-up environments and would love to be part of a growing, dynamic and interactive team, then this is the role for you!